Monday, October 22, 2007

To Whom It May Concern...

So after years and years of trolling and reading other people's blogs I finally decided to write my own. I kinda missed the boat a few years back and well I swam and swam until I caught up to it. SO WHATS UP BITCHES?! Today is a good day, a great day, a wonderful Monday. Why is it so damn good you may ask? Well the reason is two fold; first, this blog gets published today (which in subsequent years will be named "National Snob Day") and second, I've tested negative for herpes.

Fucking rad.

But listen, last Thursday the French powerhouse known as Justice rolled into town to give us a taste of what the future of music holds. And I say that with a straight face. Scenesters all over the world have started drooling all over the new indie dance scene. How many of us can say that 2 or 3 years ago we would've put on say "Cross" or "The Looks" and actually enjoy it? I know that I would've slapped the person who put those records on. But now, artists like MSTRKRFT and Justice have been completely owning the indie scene. How did this all happen? Well, I've come to believe (after hours of discussion with my friend bbbykmbrly) that it all started with a Toronto based band known as Death From Above 1979 (R.I.P). DFA started the rock/dance revolution that brought a more electronica based sound to the turntables and ipods of both scenesters and metalists alike.