Thursday, November 1, 2007

G.H.3.R.E.M.I.X

Sorry for the absence kids.



But listen, for those who like to rock! Guitar Hero 3 was just released and of course I had to pick myself up a copy. It had to be done. The track list is simply unreal. Paint It Back? My Name is Jonas?! THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES?!

I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. So I got it, pop'd it in and started shredding. When I was going through the bonus songs I landed on something that made me smile from here to the fucking sun.

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X - the Fall of Troy

I've played that song maybe a million times already and it definitely re-sparked a long love with this crazy triplet. For those of you who don't know, the Fall of Troy is sort of like that band that took prozac, listened to At The Drive In and picked up a 15 year old vocalist. It's good, but it has it's bad moments.

Actually it's about 50% good/bad.

Thats because 2005's Doppelganger is 100% amazing. While their 2007 follow up is 100% WEAK. They trade in their tight, melodic screamo for something thats more accessible; and listen, I don't mind a band becoming accessible, but when you do it so blatantly it's just wrong.

Anyways, I'll let you compare for yourself.

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X - the Fall of Troy



Cut Down All The Trees and Name The Streets After Them - the Fall of Troy