Friday, November 30, 2007

A Fucked Up Holiday Season


So when it recently came to my attention that one of my favorite Canadian punk bands, Fucked Up, was releasing an album sometime in the new year I decided to look into it a bit.

I never really go digging when I look for music, so it was new to me... yeah...right.

Anyways, I didn't really find much info on the new album but I found something that was a little more relevant to the season. One winter I worked at a Toys R' Us and all they played was "Do They Know It's Christmas".That shits ingrained into my mind yo. But now our little Canadian punk band wants to make their own little Christmas time jingle. Oh, yeah, they brought some of their friends too...

...actually, alot of them. Their ranks include:

LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy, Black Lips' Cole Alexander, the Faint's Jacob Thiele, Chromeo's Dave One, AFI's Davey Havok, Attack in Black's Dan Romano and my personal favorite: Nelly Furtado.

So this mega selling, Africa saving single goes on sale at Toronto's Sonic Boom Records on Dec 15th where the band will also preform some covers of yer favorite Christmas Carols. Plus all proceeds from the single will be donated to the George Herman House which is a very respectable and reputable charity in the Toronto area that helps mentally disabled women. Which is good.

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas
Fucked Up - Baiting the Public
Fucked Up - Stress (Justice Cover)